Keystone Commercial Development Covenant Summary
Platteville Development Group (PDG) put covenants in place to ensure the initial and continuing integrity of the Keystone Commercial Development as an upscale, clean, and respectable commercial community. The covenants include requirements and restrictions on the use of the property, the types of businesses allowed, requirements and restrictions of the materials used, architectural requirements, green space/pervious area requirements, as well as ensuring the cleanliness of the commercial community. We fully realize that those who invest a significant amount of resources in a business want to ensure other properties do not detract from their own and that the commercial areas maintain the integrity with which it was originally designed.
The following is a summary of many aspects of the Keystone Commercial Development covenants. It does not in any way replace or supersede the actual and recorded covenants of the commercial development.
For more information about the Platteville Development Group, please call 608-348-3225.
- Lots 1-5, 8-22 and 25-27 as listed on the initial plat map of the development and any subdivisions of these initial lots thereafter, are subject to the Keystone Commercial Development Lot Declarations, Easements, Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions. Walmart and its previous outlot (the lot directly south of Walmart and adjacent to and directly north of Business Highway 151) are not subject to the covenants as they existed prior.
- All lots previously mentioned are required to be members of the Keystone Commercial Owners Association.
- Construction plans for all buildings and improvements are to be approved by PDG prior to construction or by the association if applicable.
- Materials used are to be high quality materials that maintain their appearance over time (e.g. brick, stucco, textured or glazed concrete and glass).
- 25% of the building must be brick or natural stone unless otherwise approved.
- Buildings must conform to 360˚ construction, the same materials and architecturally the same on all sides.
- Exterior walls limited to 30′ without architectural feature (e.g. columns, ribs, pilasters, texture, material, change in plane, etc.).
- Overhanging eves 3′ minimum.
- Parapets are required to conceal flat roofs and must be at least as high as roof top equipment.
- No metal or vinyl siding.
- Downspouts must be concealed or integrated into architectural features.
- Building size not to exceed Floor Area Ratio of 20% of lot size.
- Impervious area not to exceed 80% of lot size.
Storm Water Retention Facilities:
- Offsite storm water facilities are provided for all lot owners in Keystone Commercial Development. Lot owners must collect the storm water and pipe it into the storm sewer facilities available for connection.
- maximum amount of impervious surface on any lot is 80% of that lot size.
- The Commercial Association is responsible for the maintenance of the storm water retention pond and piping facilities.
- Access easements allow ingress and egress on all paved driveways, roadways, sidewalks, to abutting roads and adjacent lots in the development.
- Easements exist for access to storm water collection and utility placements.
- All lots with a building must be landscaped by the owner or occupant at least double of that required under the city ordinance.
- Major parking areas must have ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials, or other ground cover.
- Shrubs, perennials, or ground cover must be planted along the building foundations.
- Landscape plan must be preapproved by PDG or the Keystone Commercial Owners Association if applicable.
- Freestanding signs not mounted on the building must be monument type with a maximum height of 4’6″. They are to be internally lighted, complimentary in the style of the building, with a base that is at least 1/3 of the total height and be made of brick, stone, tile or similar material.
- Wall signs and logos attached to the building are to be surface mounted internally lighted individual letters/units. No backlit box signs.
- Signs may only identify the name, business, and logo of the firm/person occupying the premises.
- Lighting must be similar and consistent with that of the commercial lighting within the Development.
- Parking area lighting must be no taller than 30′. Walkway lighting is to be ground mounted or bollard lighting no taller than 4′.
- Approval of an exterior lighting plan is required.
- Parking lots, driveways, entrances and exits, etc., are to be concrete or paved asphalt hot mix.
- Concrete curb and gutter is required.
- Owners are required to carry insurance in the aggregate of not less than $2MM and name the Owner of the Commercial Development as additional insured.
- Owners must control grass, weeds, dust, dirt, litter, debris, etc.
- Buildings must be maintained by owners
- No junk (rubbish, vehicles, machinery, etc.) allowed on the lot.
- Trash to be kept in containers in enclosed areas